Early vs Later Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

InfinityH

Reaction score
If someone were to have an early interview (September) vs someone who interviews later (November), would the person who interviewed earlier have a higher chance of acceptance?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
How late in November? Since we're talking dental admissions process, theoretically the chances are the same as no offers are decided upon until (likely) right after Thanksgiving for the December 15 Decision Day.

How late in November? Since we're talking dental admissions process, theoretically the chances are the same as no offers are decided upon until (likely) right after Thanksgiving for the December 15 Decision Day.
Ah ok, thank you. It would be mid November. I also thought that some admissions committee made their decision after the interview, so wouldn’t have an earlier date be more beneficial since it’s rolling admissions?

Members don't see this ad :)
Ah ok, thank you. It would be mid November. I also thought that some admissions committee made their decision after the interview, so wouldn’t have an earlier date be more beneficial since it’s rolling admissions?
Yes, but depending on the school, some like to make all final decisions in one meeting when they have interviewed everyone in the fall. Others will review along the way so we don't have a marathon meeting before Thanksgiving/Black Friday shopping.

Yes, but depending on the school, some like to make all final decisions in one meeting when they have interviewed everyone in the fall. Others will review along the way so we don't have a marathon meeting before Thanksgiving/Black Friday shopping.
Thank you for all your great advice. And I agree with "depending on the school". There isn't always one answer it does depend on the school, etc.