earning potential for ODs (Canada vs USA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

silverandblack

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I realize that a similar thread was started recently but I thought a new post would be a good way to have my questions answered. Last year somebody on this forum provided me with this link which I have found quite helpful:

http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes291041.htm

It is a little difficult to navigate, however, it has answered some of my questions regarding the different states. What I am trying to find out is whether or not a similar site is out there regarding the Canadian provinces. Any help or information would be appreicated.

Thanks!

silverandblack
 
silverandblack said:
I realize that a similar thread was started recently but I thought a new post would be a good way to have my questions answered. Last year somebody on this forum provided me with this link which I have found quite helpful:

http://www.bls.gov/oes/current/oes291041.htm

It is a little difficult to navigate, however, it has answered some of my questions regarding the different states. What I am trying to find out is whether or not a similar site is out there regarding the Canadian provinces. Any help or information would be appreicated.

Thanks!

silverandblack


well it all depends if you are being worked or if you own the operation.
if you own it i think you would make more in canada, but if you work for a practice i think you'll be pretty even.

working in canada can range from 70-165k
owing in canada can range from 0-800k
i think in the states you'll make in the range of 375-450 per day as an associate and 0-1000 per day if you own a practice