Easiest travel method from JFK to Kessler?

Started by pmrrmp
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pmrrmp

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm interviewing at JFK on Dec 19th and Kessler on Dec 20th. Anybody familiar with the area know the best way to get from Edison (JFK) to West Orange (Kessler)? According to Google maps, it's only 23 miles/33 minutes away.

Would a taxi be prohibitively expensive? Are the NJTransit Trains an option or would I probably end up getting lost? Is there anybody driving from JFK to Kessler on those dates who wants to carpool?

I'll be starting out from and returning to NY by using the NJTransit Northeast Corridor trains from Penn St.

Note: I'm from the west coast and not familiar with the NY/NJ area.
 
I'm interviewing at JFK on Dec 19th and Kessler on Dec 20th. Anybody familiar with the area know the best way to get from Edison (JFK) to West Orange (Kessler)? According to Google maps, it's only 23 miles/33 minutes away.

Would a taxi be prohibitively expensive? Are the NJTransit Trains an option or would I probably end up getting lost? Is there anybody driving from JFK to Kessler on those dates who wants to carpool?

I'll be starting out from and returning to NY by using the NJTransit Northeast Corridor trains from Penn St.

Note: I'm from the west coast and not familiar with the NY/NJ area.

It's definitely drivable(sp). if you can rent a car, that's probably the best option. Cab would be pretty expensive. Could take the NJ Transit closer then cab - take the Northeast corridor train from edison to Newark airport - newark is not a place you want to wander around in your suit. the airport will have cabs and will be safer and it will be cheaper than taking it from edison.

if you want to train it all the way, then would recommend trying to go to the maplewood or south orange station then cabbing it. there are no train stations within walking distance of Kessler (west orange) that i know of...

so that would involve going from Edison to Seacaucus junction, then switching to the gladstone/morris line to South Orange or Maplewood.