Easiest way to learn taxonomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Progeny

Davinci
Reaction score
Every time I revisit taxonomy I feel like I'm forgetting things. What's the easiest way to learn this?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you tried mnemonics? I wrote down as many as I can on a piece of paper and memorized them. It did me wonders!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Every time I revisit taxonomy I feel like I'm forgetting things. What's the easiest way to learn this?
I think bootcamp has some free videos that go through most of what you need to know. It does it in a flow chart kind of way and is very helpful IMO. I took notes on this and reviewed it. That’s all I used for taxonomy.

I think bootcamp has some free videos that go through most of what you need to know. It does it in a flow chart kind of way and is very helpful IMO. I took notes on this and reviewed it. That’s all I used for taxonomy.

I tried them but didn't help :(

This may not be a particularly useful way for you but it worked for me. I have a particular love of languages, so the way I recalled taxonomy was by looking up the ancient Greek and Latin origins of all the taxonomic classifications. It was a fun exercise for me to learn some Greek while also studying the material. Perhaps languages aren't your thing. But it would be helpful to turn learning this material into a fun activity that you enjoy.

This may not be a particularly useful way for you but it worked for me. I have a particular love of languages, so the way I recalled taxonomy was by looking up the ancient Greek and Latin origins of all the taxonomic classifications. It was a fun exercise for me to learn some Greek while also studying the material. Perhaps languages aren't your thing. But it would be helpful to turn learning this material into a fun activity that you enjoy.
That's actually really smart. I may have to do this lol

Have you tried this for anatomy classes?