Easing back into coursework

Started by tm4545
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tm4545

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm a non-trad with a fulltime career/sole support for my family/parent of a toddler. Planning a couple years of GPA building/prereq completion, volunteering, etc. before applying MD/DO. Starting this summer with online/night classes to refresh my bio/chem and boost GPA.

Last time I did school I worked fulltime but this will be my first time juggling work/school as a parent. For anyone who's done this - any advice/tips? How many classes seemed "doable"? Any suggestions for fitting in study time?

I'm so nervous about doing it all - courses+MCAT prep+EC+volunteer/shadowing.
Thanks 🙂