East Coast Secondaries

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hamptongirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which schools have the easiest secondary apps? which ones require essays? which ones require only a secondary payment? which ones are just a pain in the :annoyed:?

I'm mostly applying to all east coast schools...

NYU, Buffalo, UMDNJ, Tufts, BU, Temple, Columbia + few undecided at the moment (maybe arizona schools?)

Plan to take the DAT mid-end of July

I want to dedicate most of time studying for the DATs and essays really frustrate me... I will literally stare at my computer for 6 hrs and only have 2 sentences down... anyway, so I want to try and apply to schools with similar secondaries...unless ofc there is no easy way around it...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
UPENN has a secondary. the rest of your list does not have any official secondary I believe.

Bing so if there are no secondaries then u just pay the $72 fee from AADSAS and thats it correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
Bing so if there are no secondaries then u just pay the $72 fee from AADSAS and thats it correct?

Wrong. There are secondary fees. Just not secondary applications. NYU was something like $90, Temple was $45 if I remember correctly on top of the AADSAS fees. Money up the wazzzoooo

I believe NYU just requires you to make another payment...

What about the other schools on my list?

I believe NYU just requires you to make another payment...

What about the other schools on my list?

Tufts, Boston, and NYU don't have secondary applications but they do have fees.

Temple has this super quick secondary and a fee as well.

The others, I didn't apply.

yea sorry, there are secondary fees to every school, but only a handful of schools require a secondary application. I know Maryland requires a secondary app, but only if they ask you to fill one out ( they ask a limited amount of ppl to fill that out I believe).

Thanks Bing and everyone else.

:help: anyone have a list of secondary apps for all the schools?

I wish there was a sticky for things like secondary apps and specific LOR requirements for each school...maybe I can create a list if I ever get accepted...lol

For a list of second information, go to AADSAS' website and click Supplemental Information.

thanks Macgyver this is good stuff! Seems like schools are raking in the big bucks! i remember my friend complaining about the cost of secondaries for med school, now i see how the dental schools are pulling our pants down lol seems like applying to 20 schools will cost 5 bucks less than $3,000. :wtf:

thanks Macgyver this is good stuff! Seems like schools are raking in the big bucks! i remember my friend complaining about the cost of secondaries for med school, now i see how the dental schools are pulling our pants down lol seems like applying to 20 schools will cost 5 bucks less than $3,000. :wtf:

Definitely. The application process will drain your bank account faster than ever.