I agree. I'm probably a little to quick to say this, but neither of those two programs are even NEAR the top. Just interview there, or talk to those who have. I try to hold back when it comes to program bashing specifics, but this question comes up often enough, so I'll just say it.
Both provide adequete training, but their reputations in med and surg do not equal EM credentials. You can find this in alot of programs with high powered med / surg. So be careful. Just a few years ago one of those programs had trouble filling its positions.
Its true what they say though. Just about every EM residency is good. Some are better than others for personal reasons, or volume, or diversity, or trauma, or whatever. Pick the environment you want to learn in. If you want gritty, hard-core, look at volume, but be careful that you don't end up as the doctor, the IV starter, and the bedpan changer all at the same time. If you want to publish, 4 years may be for you. If you want balance and diversity it's everywhere. (See Best EM Programs and such below....)