East Tennessee State University (ETSU) Class Of 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmer1982

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Didn't see one for the Fall 2012 applicants, so decided to start one.

I'm interviewing on October 12. Is anyone else getting an interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I am interviewing on that date too! I'm wondering how many other people there will be!?

I had to reschedule it to November 2nd because I found out the car rentals places will close by the time I arrive at the airport. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
I was supposed to interview on Nov. 2, but now I will be there on Oct. 12 as well. I guess I took your spot since you couldn't get the car..... See you all there....

I just had my interview today. Overall, everyone seemed really nervous at first. We had two interviews, one with a faculty member, and one with a student, and they were very easy and relaxing. Honestly, no stress at all, and very basic questions. ETSU really impressed me today, what did everyone else think who was there today? By the way, for those who interviewed, I was the guy with the pinkish shirt, and a brown tie!

i was there on Oct. 14th as well, and I have to agree. The people at ETSU really know how to make their applicants feel welcome. Overall, the interviews went great and I got my call today that I was accepted.... Hope everyone else got great news as well.

I was just accepted as well! Do you think you are going to go to ETSU? and for anyone else that is interested in ETSU, find me on facebook.... my name is maxwell bentley lee

Not sure if i am going there or not, I was also accepted to Belmont on the same day, so I got some thinkin to do. Looked for ya on FB, but no dice. Congrats.

People who are accepted, can you please post your stats on here? GPA? PCAT? so we get an idea of competition this year

Okay, my stats are a

~3.6 GPA, 51 PCAT
Over 3 Years in pharmacy experience

I know I have a really low PCAT, but I took the PCAT before even taking Organic 1/2, Bio 1/2, and Microbiology, and If It was not for my verbal section I would have been in the mid to upper 60's of my PCAT. Also, I have a ton of extra-curricular activities (University of Tennessee's track team & and highly active in helping with a non-profit organization dealing with adults with autism since I was in high school)

and to RX2016, try finding me on facebook now, I just changed my privacy settings from only "friends" being able to find me in the search function to "everyone" being able to search for me on facebook...

I got accepted to ETSU this year as well.

My PCAT was a 75, and GPA a 3.4

I'm really hoping that I get into ETSU. They received all my paper work except for my PCAT, which was received by Pharmcas last week. How long did it take you all to get interviews after full submission of your applications?
I'm extremely nervous about everything. I applied for early admission but was changed to regular since they didn't receive my PCAT scores. My science GPA is a 3.33, overall GPA 3.56, 2 and a half years of pharmacy experience and I made a 79 composite on my PCAT. I hope I stand a chance!
Thanks for all your help!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
It took me about 2-3 days after I got done with my supplemental to get an email from them inviting me for an interview!

That sounds great! I called today and they said they will receive my PCAT scores on Monday (i have to wait another four days!). So maybe I'll get an invite by the end of next week? Thanks for the time frame, mlee45. It eases the tension a little.

rx2016, have you decided if you're going to stick to ETSU? How many other colleges are you looking at?

Actually,

It was a very difficult decision, but I have decided to go to Belmont University in Nashville, so there's an open spot at ETSU now. Best of luck with everything.

I bet it was a difficult decision to make. Good luck to you!!

Great! Don't sweat it at all, you'll have a great time!

I'm ready to make a facebook group for this class! When someone else gets in, let me know!

I had my interview yesterday. Honestly, just be yourself. If you have any weak points on your application, explain why. They are really welcome and I know you'll do fine. Good luck.

mlee, did it take you about a week to find out whether or not you were accepted?? They told us to expect a letter by next Wednesday, but with the holiday coming up I'm not sure how long it will be. Did you receive an email and a letter in the mail?

I should know results by end of the semester..

I have an interview there on the January 12th. Anyone going? maybe we can car pull because I am coming from Oklahoma

Hey! I'm interviewing tomorrow, January 26. Anyone else going?

How did the interview go kidzombie? My friend had an interview there this past week, and said that there were people from all over the country there! Our facebook is kind of lagging

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/groups/292415530797949/

UT's pharmacy class of 2016 already has 76 members...we are at 5, lol.

The interview was laid back and well organized, so the day went by pretty fast.
I like the school a lot...but I don't know how I feel about living in Johnson City.

Most of the people from my interview were from bordering states, Florida, and TEXAS!

It's only been a week, and I got a call yesterday morning!!! :woot:

I am one of the Texas people and i guess ill be seeing you in san antonio!

Just got a call from the Dean today, I got accepted! Now to pick which school to actually attend...

Did anyone interview 3/15 and receive a call? I see that the Dean calls accepted students and I figured they would be done yesterday. I haven't heard anything and was a little bummed. I loved everything about ETSU!

Did anyone interview 3/15 and receive a call? I see that the Dean calls accepted students and I figured they would be done yesterday. I haven't heard anything and was a little bummed. I loved everything about ETSU!

I interviewed on 3/15 and got a call from the dean that Saturday. I got my official acceptance letter a few days later

Hey! Just wondering what everyone's credentials were? I will be applying on September 1st of this year, and am taking the PCAT in July. I have a 3.3 GPA but am having trouble with the PCAT. I am VERY interested in attending ETSU and am just wondering what everyone else's info. looked like! Thanks.

That's where my GPA was. I had a 62 PCAT and like 5 yrs tech experience. Got me an interview... But not an acceptance...

ETSU seemed lik more of a relaxed place rather than a professional school... the students coming in for class looked like they were there for undergrad classes, everyone was wearing jeans and many had on flip flops...