easy QR question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Troyvdg

Dentistry not Debtistry
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
saved

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Its just part over the whole.

its like a pizza or pie with 8 slices.

I ate 2 out of 8. how many remains? this is simple you can see its 6. I'm pretty sure you've been taught this as a child and know this without even thinking as its something you can encounter in every day life.

the idea is the same its just that here instead of whole numbers we have a fraction.

Last edited:

I ate 2 out of 8. how many remains? this is simple you can see its 6. I'm pretty sure you've been taught this as a child and know this without even thinking as its something you can encounter in every day life.

the idea is the same its just that here instead of whole numbers we have a fraction.
:laugh::laugh: got it.

For me its just easier to do it this way

(1/6*4/4) + (1/4*6/6)
4/24 + 6/24 = 10/24 after one hour then just do +4/24, +4/24, +4/24, +2/24= TOTAL 24/24. So you know it would be 3.5 hours.

Hope that makes sense, its way faster!