Easy Semester = Problem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1040417

I am enrolled in 10 credits of 100 level classes and a 3 credit 300 lvl bio course that is known for being easy. Will this be a red flag? I am trying to focus on ECs and MCAT over the course of the semester and early summer. Additionally, I have had 4.0 semesters since Spring 2019-Fall 2020 and have taken anywhere from 8-11 credits of science each semester.

My current GPA is 3.72 and I could see it as "padding GPA" I guess, but I just want to focus on other things and wrap up my degree requirements.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't you need like 12 credits to be considered a full time student? At least this was true at my college

Don't you need like 12 credits to be considered a full time student? At least this was true at my college
Yes, I am enrolled in 13 credits and with 8-11 credit science semesters I've taken non-science coursework, sorry for not being clear.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I am enrolled in 13 credits and with 8-11 credit science semesters I've taken non-science coursework, sorry for not being clear.
One of my senior semesters were 12 credits and doesn't seem like it mattered (though it was to focus on pchem). I'm sure you're fine, and they probably dont know your 300 level bio class is ez.

Last edited:
I don't see an issue with a low-credit semester. I did it once my senior year to focus on MCAT studying and physics :sick: . As long as you're productive and do well in those courses, it's fine.
Thank you, I am hoping it's not seen as just GPA padding, I do really want to take more science but need to focus on experience and the MCAT. Physics was painful, I'm dreading reviewing it.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you, I am hoping it's not seen as just GPA padding, I do really want to take more science but need to focus on experience and the MCAT. Physics was painful, I'm dreading reviewing it.
Fortunately, physics review for the MCAT is not as painful (in my experience) because you don't need to get as deep in the material but nonetheless it is not the most enjoyable to review haha.

Reactions: 1 user