Quantcast

Eat during the break!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kizer21

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Okay, for those who have taken the PCAT before, how does the break work? I mean, I plan to eat lunch or something during the break for the PCAT. I plan to make a lunch and bring it with me. However, no food is allowed in the test room. Is there a place to keep food if we bring it or do they provide food there? Thanks

Andy

KKLPharmD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
kizer21 said:
Okay, for those who have taken the PCAT before, how does the break work? I mean, I plan to eat lunch or something during the break for the PCAT. I plan to make a lunch and bring it with me. However, no food is allowed in the test room. Is there a place to keep food if we bring it or do they provide food there? Thanks

Andy

The test isn't long enough for you to need to eat lunch during the break. It is only a 5 hour or so ordeal, and the break is halfway which puts it mid morning, not lunch time. Just a snack is sufficient (make sure you eat a good breakfast). We only had 15 min. for a break anyway, not like the hour you get for the MCAT. They don't provide food, or a place to store it. Bring a granola bar or some kind of easily stored, easily consumed snack. You can keep it in your backpack which they make you put at the front of the room during the test, but you can get your snack during the break.

rxlynn

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
kizer21 said:

Andy
We only got 10 minutes - barely enough time to go to the bathroom, so be sure you go right before you go in the testing room in the morning! I second the portable food thing - that's really all you will have time for.

drugdoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I too was worried that they would find the Snickers that I had in my purse :), but I just put everything on the wall behind me. No issues at all. If you do bring something, I'd just put it in their view line at the front or something.

twester

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
drugdoc said:
I too was worried that they would find the Snickers that I had in my purse :), but I just put everything on the wall behind me. No issues at all. If you do bring something, I'd just put it in their view line at the front or something.

Wouldn't that have been sad if you had missed the small print that said "No Snickers", and they just ripped up your exam and called you a cab? :laugh:

We had a half-hour break during my exam. I ate my fig newtons while I took a brief walk around the campus.

Be sure to drink lots of water during the exam (we were allowed water). It helps keep you alert and occupies your stomach for a short time. And if we finished a section early, we were allowed to leave, one at a time, for a restroom break. Use that if you need to.

Good luck. It's really not that bad.