Eateries by Cornell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bubblebutt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be in the Cornell area. Do you guys have any suggestions for yummy eateries? :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hot dog stand on 81st and york..

he is the cleanest in the city

I only saw him scratch his b a l ls once before he gave me my hot cold hot dog..

Eateries? well, if you like eye-talian, then there is a terrific place on the corner of first avenue and 67th street. West side of the street. Across from the old church of something, something.

I used to like eating there and so do alot of the hospital crew. If you use your Cornell ID you can also eat in the Rockefeller Caf and that has a beautiful view over the East River, plus the food's pretty good. Feels exotic and exclusive.

Members don't see this ad :)
Try "Le Gourmet" (i might be misspelling it) - it's on the corner of 68th and 1st, right between the subway shop and the chinese food place. They have really good sandwiches and salads. And you get a 10% discount with a cornell ID :D.

Q

I have the lamb platter from the vendor on 69th and York once a week. It's amazing for $4.

2nd and 3rd aves have tons of good restaurants.

whats the matter with the dirty hot dog stand vendor on 89th and york.... I wouldnt go near a lamb vendor.. holy **** you are a brave man

stephend7799 said:
whats the matter with the dirty hot dog stand vendor on 89th and york.... I wouldnt go near a lamb vendor.. holy **** you are a brave man
I've got a gut of steel.

patsy's pizzeria on 69th and 3rd ave is a nice place to eat, although it gets really crowded around lunchtime. i'll second "le gourmet" on 68th and 1st, although it's really pricey. there's also a vendor who sells jamaican food on the corner of 71st and york (i think?) who's supposed to be pretty good. that's not really my thing though.

moranwoods, do you work at ny hospital, by any chance? i've been working there this past year too and i'm also bored out of my mind. :thumbup:

moranwoods said:
I have the lamb platter from the vendor on 69th and York once a week. It's amazing for $4.

Oh, right! the lamb kabobs (or chicken) are so awesome. Can't beat those street vendors. :thumbup:

take a stroll to 84th and lexington..

mimis pizzeria.. I used to eat there when i was like 10 years old..

great ****ing pizza

thanks all!

Unlike moranwoods, I do not have guts of steel...so I think I will steer away from the lamb vendor. :laugh:

medstylee said:
moranwoods, do you work at ny hospital, by any chance? i've been working there this past year too and i'm also bored out of my mind. :thumbup:

I'm working at Cornell in Biophysics as a research tech. Lots and lots of membranes... Makes me so sleepy :sleep: