EC abroad: PMR experience in Brazil

Started by wjs010
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wjs010

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a recent pt student who opted out and am now trying to go DO/allopathic PMR res/ ultimately pain fellowship at mayo is the goal. My GF is Brazilian and i was there in Sao Paulo last month. She has connections with a PMR doc who speaks english and worked with her cousin, who is in critical condition due to a fatal car accident.

I thought it would have been a great idea to speak with this doc and shadow him for as much as possible, but it never materialized. Assuming I go back to Brazil between now and the start of MS 2, do any of you think a shadowing experience from a Brazilian ( ie, any foreign) Physiatrist would increase my chances at a nice residency in PMR here in the states? I am disappointed that i missed the opportunity this time, as it probably would have looked great for MS as well. thanks .
 
It won't hurt you, but might not help much. There would be no real way to fact-check this.

I'd personally jump at the chance to see what doctors do in other countries.