EC question - foreign language training?

Started by runningmom
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

runningmom

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, I thought I'd decided on all the specifics for my ECs, but now I'm debating adding one last one.

What do you guys think about adding that I studied in the German cultural/language school for "auslanders" while living in Germany?

I didn't do it for any other reason than I wanted to improve my language skills while I was living there (since my college German WASN"T cutting it!). But in hindsight, it is kinda different and it did expose me to a wide variety of people.

Of course, my German still isn't nearly good enough for me to even consider myself as "bilingual" - I have combat German at best.... I can order food and find a restroom - but what else do you need?!?!

Seriously, I was going to just let it ride with 13 strong (well, I consider them strong anyway!) ECs.

I have at least one of each of: volunteering - both clinical and non-clinical, work - military and non-military, hobbies/avocations, leadership, teaching/tutoring. This would probably fall under another "hobby" since improving my language skills seems to be on the backburner all the time, but it is something I really enjoy doing.

So long post for short question - whatcha think?