1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

EC question?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by Gutierrez001, Apr 27, 2004.

1. Gutierrez001

Gutierrez001 Member
    5+ Year Member

Would volunteering at a chiropractic office count as EC? or would schools not look at that as much? Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Dr.ImCute

Dr.ImCute Member
    5+ Year Member

I did some volunteer work at a vets office. But when I wrote about it, I explained it so that it tied into osteopathic medicine and my psychology major (animal beh stuff).

I think all clinical experience is beneficial, and susan hanson the director of admissions at COMP said that even if you volunteered at a hospital and only moved patients around you should have gotten some sort of experience from it. Thus, its cool to do chiro stuff I guess (although I think that type of practice is a bit extreme with their whole approach to medications n' stuff)...

Thats my opinion, but if you have a choice btwn shadowing someone else (MD or DO), then I'd go with the latter.
    :luck: