ECC Internship

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredvm297

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, is there a positive in jumping in straight into an ECC specialty internship straight out of school rather than doing a SA rotating internship? The goal is ECC residency, and the opportunity to do an ECC internship straight out of school has presented itself. I'm leaning towards it because I'm not really into some of the other specialties (like onco or ophtho), and am just in love with internal med and ECC. Would it be doing me a disadvantage when applying to residencies to not have a rotating internship? Or would it be a leg up having done a specialty internship?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, is there a positive in jumping in straight into an ECC specialty internship straight out of school rather than doing a SA rotating internship? The goal is ECC residency, and the opportunity to do an ECC internship straight out of school has presented itself. I'm leaning towards it because I'm not really into some of the other specialties (like onco or ophtho), and am just in love with internal med and ECC. Would it be doing me a disadvantage when applying to residencies to not have a rotating internship? Or would it be a leg up having done a specialty internship?
We offer both a ECC focused internship geared to new grads and recent grads as well as an ECC residency. We have had people do our internship and go into residency in ECC, Derm and IM. So it can be done. There may be some residencies that require a rotating internship but specialty is often fine too.

If you want more info feel free to PM me.