ECFMG Application- Name on diploma and ECFMG record

Started by Estranged
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Estranged

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello,
I am an International medical Graduate and I m filling in my application for Step 1 examination.
According to item 22 our name on ecfmg record must be exactly the same with the name on our medical school diploma/ transcript.
Let's say my name is Mary Smith. This is the name on my passport and my Ecfmg record. However the name on my diploma is Mary G. Smith and G. is the initial letter of my father's first name (which is not part of my legal name,it is not in my passport or any other legal document).
In this case do I need to verify my name?