Step II Ecfmg certificate and match application

Started by annpank
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

annpank

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everybody, IMG here. Or rather 4th year medical student.
I am taking step 2 CK and CS this year and thinking about applying to residency program. I know I need an ECFMG certificate to participate in a match program. I read on the Ecfmg site that to get this certificate I must take step 1 and step 2 and provide them with credits of at least 4 years of medical school. It says nothing about diploma or graduation being a requirement.
Does it actually mean I don't have to wait 2 more years to complete my medical school? or did I get something wrong ?