ECFMG diploma verification and transcripts request

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dggopal

Fluffy McFlufferson
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I had mailed in the necessary paperwork to ECFMG quite some time back for ECFMG to send my college the request for verification of my diploma as well as my original transcripts. On a letter dated march 21st ECFMG intimated me that they had sent out the necessary paperwork to my college. I thought great I don't have to worry that its not there now. As I have graduated from a school in India and now permanently reside in Los Angeles it was a relief to know that my paperwork would already be at my college when I went there to have them work on it and send it back to ECFMG. Keep in mind that my college does not work on paperwork, especially from institutions that are out of country, without having someone breathing down their neck to get it done.

Turns out, I had a friend go and just check if my paperwork had arrived at my college a few days ago, and my paperwork is not there. So I am currently freaking out, because I have called ECFMG and they are telling me that as policy, they don't resend paperwork until 3 months have lapsed since they last sent it. So 3 months from march 21st is june 21st. Also on the second attempt they will again only send by regular mail, without any tracking, so there is nothing to prevent it from getting lost again. And lastly, if it gets sent on the 21st of june, It will take at least 10 days for my college to move on it and then send it back at which point it will take 8 weeks for ECFMG to review it and mark me verified, god forbid any complications.

Now finally I would like to know, if anyone has any solutions to expedite they resending process or if anyone has gone through the same situation and how they handled it successfully? Please help!

Members don't see this ad.