ECG Maven for 3rd year students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bomgd3

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
One of my internal medicine profs, the guy who writes our exam, recommended Lilly's Cardiology and EKG Maven to practice EKGs for the test. Despite being pretty adept at reading regular EKGs during 2nd year and demolishing Lilly, I'm basically stumped by 80% of the cases on this website. For example, I often have a really tough time finding P waves in some of the crappier tracings, which makes determining the rhythm very difficult. There is too much of a learning curve from Lilly to EKG Maven. Can anyone suggest a good intermediate-difficulty EKG resource that could bridge the gap?

Members don't see this ad.

12-lead ecg the art of interpretation by garcia. there are 3 levels (basic intermediate advanced) all in the same book. does a nice job of gradually working your way up and is one of the few books out there that has all full size 12-leads to look at

I second the Garcia book. One of the best I've seen. Apart from the 3 levels it also does a really solid job of explaining the "why?" behind ECG tracings...