ECHO Board

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lub-dub

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Anyone has any word of advice on how to pass the echo board? Study materials in terms of: book, practice questions, review course, etc...Much appreciation!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I suggest taking the American Board of Echocardiography review course and then purchasing the Mayo Echo board review dvd lecture set and syllabus. You should be good to go from there.

Hey guys,

Anyone has any word of advice on how to pass the echo board? Study materials in terms of: book, practice questions, review course, etc...Much appreciation!!!

I am a physician practicing Cardiology. I had to take the echo boards twice to pass. Here is what I recommend:

1. Practice reading lots of echos / TEEs / m-modes / CWs with attendings
2. Pai, Echo Board Review - Classic
3. EchoBoardStudy.Com - very helpful, reasonably priced interactive web site

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am a physician practicing Cardiology. I had to take the echo boards twice to pass. Here is what I recommend:

1. Practice reading lots of echos / TEEs / m-modes / CWs with attendings
2. Pai, Echo Board Review - Classic
3. EchoBoardStudy.Com - very helpful, reasonably priced interactive web site

Good luck!
Strongly (but respectfully) disagree with the Pai book--littered with typographical and syntax errors, some incorrect and many incomplete explanations, many questions used 2, sometimes 3 times. This should be a third-line resource.

Two echo posts on one day as first posts and resurrecting an old thread... Are you an author or administrator for one of the sources you suggest?

Strongly (but respectfully) disagree with the Pai book--littered with typographical and syntax errors, some incorrect and many incomplete explanations, many questions used 2, sometimes 3 times. This should be a third-line resource.

Two echo posts on one day as first posts and resurrecting an old thread... Are you an author or administrator for one of the sources you suggest?

Cornell IM; I strongly and respectfully agree with your comments on the Pai book, and with the observation you made on "Cardiology-Man" rekindling an old post from 2009! I actually made similar observations!