EC's and pre req's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CCEMTP2DOC

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering on some good ideas for EC's. I work 60 hours a week and take a full load(12-14 credits). I also am married and have 2 wonderful children. I will be taking the summer off and figured this would be a good time to get some EC's done. Also, i still have some pre req's to finish. I am able to take some classes at a CC. Is this advisable? Should i finish my B.S.
and then finish my pre req's after? GPA is good, so i wouldnt need to take anything for upping my GPA(i hope). What type of community service is good?
I have tons of clinical experience(13 years as a paramedic,8 as critical care paramedic). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Stay the coarse. Your future colleague in osteopathic medicine.

Members don't see this ad.

FUTR_DR said:
I was just wondering on some good ideas for EC's. I work 60 hours a week and take a full load(12-14 credits). I also am married and have 2 wonderful children. I will be taking the summer off and figured this would be a good time to get some EC's done. Also, i still have some pre req's to finish. I am able to take some classes at a CC. Is this advisable? Should i finish my B.S.
and then finish my pre req's after? GPA is good, so i wouldnt need to take anything for upping my GPA(i hope). What type of community service is good?
I have tons of clinical experience(13 years as a paramedic,8 as critical care paramedic). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Stay the coarse. Your future colleague in osteopathic medicine.

It looks like you already have you medical experience taken care of. Take some summer science courses.

If you must do community service, then join a volunteer ambulance service.