• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

EC's given COVID19

nbmed2026

2+ Year Member
May 10, 2019
  1. Pre-Medical
Hi all, I was just wondering what you guys thought about my current extracurriculars. I'm applying next cycle and was worried about COVID19 impacting the amount of hours and such I'll be able to get in to complete my application. This is what I have so far:

- Shadowed family medicine doc (80 hours)
- Shadowed pediatric med doc (30 hours)
- Research in two labs, 1 publication (500+ hours)
- Volunteered at free clinic for undocumented immigrants (200 hours)
- Volunteered to teach undocumented immigrants English (250 hours)
- Volunteered at local Hispanic community center to help staff assure that patients are getting their medication/to doc appointments (50 hours)
- President and founder of a community based volunteering club at school, based out of a bigger non-profit
- EMT certified (200 hours)

I have contacts and proof of all, but I'm not sure if I'm lacking somewhere, please let me know what you guys think!

Oct 14, 2011
  1. Academic Administration
Hi all, I was just wondering what you guys thought about my current extracurriculars. I'm applying next cycle and was worried about COVID19 impacting the amount of hours and such I'll be able to get in to complete my application. This is what I have so far:

- Shadowed family medicine doc (80 hours)
- Shadowed pediatric med doc (30 hours)
- Research in two labs, 1 publication (500+ hours)
- Volunteered at free clinic for undocumented immigrants (200 hours)
- Volunteered to teach undocumented immigrants English (250 hours)
- Volunteered at local Hispanic community center to help staff assure that patients are getting their medication/to doc appointments (50 hours)
- President and founder of a community based volunteering club at school, based out of a bigger non-profit
- EMT certified (200 hours)

I have contacts and proof of all, but I'm not sure if I'm lacking somewhere, please let me know what you guys think!
If these are completed hours and do not include projected hours (since under current circumstances we don't know), these look fine on face value.

Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.