EC's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jjackieelynn

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm sure there are million other threads out there about EC's but I just wanted to ask! Right now, I have been interning at a dental office for 1 year and I do anything from shadowing to office work. This summer, I am joining the Global Brigades for my school and we are going to Nicaragua where I would be able to assist dentists and even assist in other medical procedures. I am also in the pre-dental society for my school. I don't really have that many EC's so I'm just wondering what you guys have done so far? Or suggest things that I should do? I was thinking about volunteering at another dental office just to see how their office is, but I'm still debating. I won't be applying to dental school until 2015 so I have a bit of time. Any suggestions would help!
Thanks!:X3:

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't JUST do dental volunteering. Schools like to see character too on top of your commitment to dentistry. I personally barely had any dental ECs and I did alright this cycle. Do what you actually want to do (if it is just dental-related then so be it) on top of dental stuff.

I wouldn't JUST do dental volunteering. Schools like to see character too on top of your commitment to dentistry. I personally barely had any dental ECs and I did alright this cycle. Do what you actually want to do (if it is just dental-related then so be it) on top of dental stuff.
hmm oh okay thanks! I was really just under the impression that they wanted a ton of dental volunteer work. I do a lot of other things too like play piano and dance (various styles but currently I volunteer at a senior center to teach seniors how to ballroom dance). So I supposed that is good enough to show I do other things besides dental work!