Ec's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Xvex

Reaction score
Hey I'm a junior this year and planning on taking the mcat in springtime, with a start of studying this winter break. I have a cumulative GPA of 3.98 for 5 semesters total. I was wondering if the ec's I currently have would be good enough to warrant an application to medical school for this upcoming cycle. On top of the ones I am writing below I just obtained a full time clinical volunteering opportunity for winter break and beyond and planning on working 200 hours for that experience.
Salvation Army Community Volunteering : 50 hours over freshman and sophomore year.
Member of AED volunteering/philanthropy : 100 hours over freshman and sophomore year
EP Scribe: 200 hours over freshman summer
Dota 2 semi-professional/2020 CSL national champion : 2000 hours from freshman to continuing
Local India Association youth community leader : 50 hours started junior year
I know the MCAT is the big defining factor for the decision to apply but I was just wanting some feedback on whether there was something I left out that is needed, in order to apply with a good chance of acceptance, so I can decide whether to take a gap year or not and obtain what is left out. Thanks so much

Members don't see this ad.

You should also accumulate 50 hours of physician shadowing, including primary care.
does the 200 hours of scribing not comprise physician shadowing as I was in the room with the doctor while he was interacting with patients and scribing...