SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

ecstatic!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by sunflower79, Oct 17, 2001.

1. sunflower79

sunflower79 Plays well with knives 10+ Year Member

Mar 26, 2001
    Sorry, I can't contain myself -- just got my scores today! Second time around, I worked my butt off and it paid off!

I'm not sure that I should post scores though... out of courtesy of others I guess. But for now let's just say for a minute there I thought it was a misprint-- not in my wildest dreams.

Anyway, I am in CA so others here should have their scores too.

BTW, I realized today how badly I had depended on the scores to validate myself with respect to my ability to become a doctor. It's almost pathetic... but I guess you have to play by the rules of the numbers game. :p

Hope everyone has reasons to smile too :)

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. EarlyEditionDude

EarlyEditionDude Banned Banned

Aug 15, 2001
    If you don't mind, what was your MCAT score this time? What was your MCAT score for the first time?

4. sunflower79

sunflower79 Plays well with knives 10+ Year Member

Mar 26, 2001
    First time: 10V-10PS-12BS-Q
    Second time: 10V-12PS-14BS-S Yea!

I applied to med school once-- halfheartedly (bad idea, I know), and the second time around I just want to go all out and try my best to improve my application in all areas possible... also I felt I had something to prove (a long personal story).

5. nikappella

nikappella Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Oct 15, 2001
    new york
    that's so great!!! congrats!!!

best of luck with all your applications :D :D

6. Trek

Trek Grand Uranium Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 23, 2001
    The Big House
    You retook with a 32?!!?! Either way, nice job. --Trek

7. dtreese

dtreese Caramel Gollum 10+ Year Member

Apr 23, 2001
    KY, The Jelly State
    Hey, congrats, kareniw!!!! :eek: I know what you mean about the misprint thing. My composite was one point lower than yours, but it was a 7-point improvement for me. I am so wired I can't even sleep!!!! I wasn't even thinking about what the scores could mean until I showed them to some friends and they said, "Well, you just got a spot." I'm not a crybaby, but I wept today. The whole summer of non-stop studying was worth it. :D

8. TwoSteveSquared

TwoSteveSquared Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Los Angeles
    You are living proof why people with 32's shouldn't retake the MCAT. It's just not fair. Congratulations!

9. pre-hawkdoc

pre-hawkdoc Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 22, 2001
    Iowa
    My thoughts exactly. That took some major cajones. I'm glad (as I'm sure you are) that it paid off.

10. Pathologist

Pathologist Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 29, 2000
    Fostoria, Ohio, USA
    Awesome! Congratulations. I'm curious, why did you retake with a 32 the first time? :D

11. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats 10+ Year Member

Jul 9, 2001
    City
    Hell,
    I know one guy right now with a 35 who took it only once. He is convinced he should have taken it again b/c the schools are only accepting people early with 38's and stuff. He's actually on this board but I will keep quiet about who it is (shhhhh.....) :) :) :) :)

12. Sir William Osler

Sir William Osler Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Aug 3, 2001
    planet Earth
    Hey Scoob:
    i know what you mean man. I know this one guy who decided to apply to like 35+ schools with a 3.8+ and a 34 cuz he thought he wouldn't get in anywhere. people can be so anal about trivial things. premeds!