ECU dental school email Help!!!

Started by BOOS
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

BOOS

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi

So today I have received an email from ECU saying:

Based upon the information provided through AADSAS, we believe that the next appropriate step would be for you to meet with Dr. Wilson, Associate Dean for Student Affairs, and Mr. Lowery, Director of Admissions. Please understand that this is not an interview; rather we believe that it would be helpful for you – and for us – to have a preliminary meeting at this point in the application process.

I was wondering if anyone else has received such an email and what happens after is it considered a denying letter? Or what?

I'm a late applicant as well if that might have anything to do with this email...🙁

Thanks
 
Last edited:
Hi

So today I have received an email from ECU saying:

Based upon the information provided through AADSAS, we believe that the next appropriate step would be for you to meet with Dr. Wilson, Associate Dean for Student Affairs, and Mr. Lowery, Director of Admissions. Please understand that this is not an interview; rather we believe that it would be helpful for you – and for us – to have a preliminary meeting at this point in the application process.

I was wondering if anyone else has received such an email and what happens after is it considered a denying letter? Or what?

I'm a late applicant as well if that might have anything to do with this email...🙁

Thanks

so, if you haven't interviewed, then yes I think you are probably right about it having to do with you applying late.

Maybe someone else here received the e-mail, sorry I can't be more help. good luck with the meeting anyway, it will be a good opportunity to meet them, they are super nice.👍
 
Definitely let us know what happens after your meeting. I'd be interested to see who has received that email as well.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi

So today I have received an email from ECU saying:

Based upon the information provided through AADSAS, we believe that the next appropriate step would be for you to meet with Dr. Wilson, Associate Dean for Student Affairs, and Mr. Lowery, Director of Admissions. Please understand that this is not an interview; rather we believe that it would be helpful for you – and for us – to have a preliminary meeting at this point in the application process.

I was wondering if anyone else has received such an email and what happens after is it considered a denying letter? Or what?

I'm a late applicant as well if that might have anything to do with this email...🙁

Thanks

just out of curiosity, how 'late' did you apply?
 
This is the first time I've heard of such an e-mail. A preliminary meeting? Not an interview? Somewhat of an ambiguous message.

I would definitely recommend taking up the offer and meeting them. As stated before, they're very nice and welcoming people. I'm sure the visit would be worth your time - if you're seriously interested in ECU.
 
I love to be part of the ECU first year dental school.. I just wish I knew where I'm standing at this point. They said the meeting is going to be for an hour the most with the dean and discussing some topics of my application. They also mentioned that some people have got the interview after this meeting.. I'm very positive and I know my passion for dentistry will show when I talk to the dean and hopefully get the interview 🙂 I keep you guys updated but anybody else that has gone through the same situation as me please let me know of any advise🙂
 
I love to be part of the ECU first year dental school.. I just wish I knew where I'm standing at this point. They said the meeting is going to be for an hour the most with the dean and discussing some topics of my application. They also mentioned that some people have got the interview after this meeting.. I'm very positive and I know my passion for dentistry will show when I talk to the dean and hopefully get the interview 🙂 I keep you guys updated but anybody else that has gone through the same situation as me please let me know of any advise🙂


It sounds as if they are trying to figure out who is going to get the last of the interview spots maybe? I'm sure you will do great! Good luck! 👍