Program-Specific Info / Q's ECU online interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cassie.lynn

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied to ECU and completed the video interview and have any advice on how to prepare? I know you get two tries, is it the same question each time or a different question? Any information would be great, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I am doing it tomorrow and am freaking out lol. I can let you know how it goes. My number is (919) 704-0400. I know the process is stressful so i am trying to make more friends that are in the same boat! I go to App State! :)

I'm doing it this weekend!! I'm super nervous, I wonder if it's going to be normal interview questions or more specific towards OT. Let me know how it goes!! I'm applying to ECU, VCU, JMU, Radford, Mary Baldwin, and Emory and Henry.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear back from ECU yet ?

I'm doing it this weekend!! I'm super nervous, I wonder if it's going to be normal interview questions or more specific towards OT. Let me know how it goes!! I'm applying to ECU, VCU, JMU, Radford, Mary Baldwin, and Emory and Henry.
Have you heard anything back from VCU?

Same here, their website said December 1st we would hear back so I’m worried to not hear yet.
you can text me if you want (919)704-0400. I know everyone is stressed.

I've only heard back from ECU so far, not VCU yet!

Do you know much about Radford’s program or visited their information session? Im so back and forth between applying or not. I hate that they aren’t on OTCAS!

Do you know much about Radford’s program or visited their information session? Im so back and forth between applying or not. I hate that they aren’t on OTCAS!

No I don't know too much about their program, and I never really had the chance to go to an open house! I have heard that their program is more clinical-based as opposed to research-based. I wish they were on OTCAS too, but it was nice not having to pay separate fees for both OTCAS and the program!

Hi ! I have been to an information session at both of Radford's location. I will be happy to answer any questions may have !

Hi ! I have been to an information session at both of Radford's location. I will be happy to answer any questions may have !

Oooh what did you think of their program? How was the faculty? Was the building/facility nice?

I would Also love to know about the program! I know theirs info on the website, but I wanted to know a little more! I’m assuming that since they have 2 locations then they have 2 cohorts and they just kind of place you at either location? Do you know if the interviews are for like top applicants or if they only elect people for interviews that they are kind of on the fence about accepting? Did you like how the program was set up?

I currently attend Radford and I love it. The main campus is homey and beautiful. The OT staff at both locations are very very nice. As for Radford University Carilion (RUC), it is located in Roanoke, which is about 40 minutes away from Radford. Unlike the Radford area, Roanoke is much more of a city feel, which I'd would have to say is the biggest difference. RUC is located in a hospital in Downtown Roanoke. The first 2-3 floors still admit patients and OT has their on floor. The main campus at Radford is much more traditional. They both have the exact same curriculum.

I would Also love to know about the program! I know theirs info on the website, but I wanted to know a little more! I’m assuming that since they have 2 locations then they have 2 cohorts and they just kind of place you at either location? Do you know if the interviews are for like top applicants or if they only elect people for interviews that they are kind of on the fence about accepting? Did you like how the program was set up?
Yes, so there's 2 different locations and cohorts. When you fill out your application, you will be able to say which campus you prefer. But at the information session, they said that they'll do their best to get you admitted to the location you prefer but it is not guaranteed. Also, they'll offer interviews to their top applicants and start reviewing application midway through the spring semester. I cannot remember the exact date.

Yes, so there's 2 different locations and cohorts. When you fill out your application, you will be able to say which campus you prefer. But at the information session, they said that they'll do their best to get you admitted to the location you prefer but it is not guaranteed. Also, they'll offer interviews to their top applicants and start reviewing application midway through the spring semester. I cannot remember the exact date.
Thanks for all this information it’s very helpful! Do you know how many applicants they accept into each cohort?

Thanks for all this information it’s very helpful! Do you know how many applicants they accept into each cohort?
No sorry I don't remember the exact number. I want to say 25-35 people

I have an interview at ECU the first week of January, has anyone done the in person interview at ECU yet? Does anyone know how long after the interview they get back to you with a decision?

Last edited:
No sorry I don't remember the exact number. I want to say 25-35 people
Hello! I recently replied to Radford's MSOT program for the upcoming fall semester and received an interview date. If you don't mind me asking what were your stats and what were your pre req grades? If you do not feel comfortable answering that on here you can PM me. Thanks!