ECU Secondary Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gollap234

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'v got my secondary for ECU but i'm not sure if I understand all of it. Can anyone tell me what they'd write about for the "your major reaction to contemporary life experienced during the last several years" part? Thanks

Secondary:
A composition stored of 300-500 words which reflects your reasons for desiring to study medicine, your future professional aspirations, avocational areas of interest, and your major reaction to contemporary life experienced during the last several years.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, it's an amusing secondary prompt. BTW, the adcoms at ECU speak identically to the tone in the prompt. :rolleyes: Perhaps if ECU makes a faux-intellectual prompt it'll be perceived as a sophisticated medical school. Regardless, their physicians pay much higher malpractice rates than other docs (according to BCBS).

Translation:
- why do you want to study medicine
- where do you see yourself in medicine in the future
- tell us anything important about you that you want us to know from the past 4 years

It would be great if someone wrote a secondary in the same convuluted style of their prompt.