ECU Summer Program for Future Doctors 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Justice1071

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone who has applied and is waiting for a response. Feel free to share opinions or experiences!
Anyone know when they send out acceptances?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I've applied and I'm waiting for a response! I'm so nervous!!! Online it says accepted students will be notified by April 1st which is right around the corner!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm pretty nervous myself!! Especially hearing some acceptances went out last week according to someone in the office of medical education. I just wish they had more recent statistics on the website so we'd know what we were up against, like how many students applied last year etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
ACCEPTED TODAY!!!! SOOO EXCITED!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations! That's so awesome! Do you mind sharing your class standing, stats, and/or any other helpful info that you think has led to your acceptance? :)
Thank you! I'm not accepted to med school, just the summer program. I haven't applied to med school yet. But if your still interested in stats I'd be more than happy to share, although it's kind of complicated.

Accepted last week! Looking forward to meeting you guys. The SPFD is only 20-25 people right?

Hey I never heard anything back one way or another, does anyone know if they have a wait-list or something like this? or if people have found out later than April in years past? I have tried to contact the office and the director and no one ever got back to me and I don't want to bug them any more in case I am on a wait list or something like that.

Hey I never heard anything back one way or another, does anyone know if they have a wait-list or something like this? or if people have found out later than April in years past? I have tried to contact the office and the director and no one ever got back to me and I don't want to bug them any more in case I am on a wait list or something like that.
I believe they had an alternate list in case some people couldn't attend, but it seems odd not to be notified either way. I don't know how you attempted to contact them, but I suggest calling the OME, explain your situation, and I believe they will help you figure the situation out.

I believe they had an alternate list in case some people couldn't attend, but it seems odd not to be notified either way. I don't know how you attempted to contact them, but I suggest calling the OME, explain your situation, and I believe they will help you figure the situation out.

I guess i'll just call them back again tomorrow, and yeah I thought it was weird that I heard nothing i've checked my spam and trash but still nothing.

I guess i'll just call them back again tomorrow, and yeah I thought it was weird that I heard nothing i've checked my spam and trash but still nothing.
Yeah, thats what I'd do, get to the bottom of it either way.