DrHoffy

10+ Year Member
Jan 26, 2005
Detroit!
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hello,
I was hoping someone out there has had some experience with the UNC or ECU summer programs. Both of them look to be quite challenging.
My situation is that I applied this year, but have recieved mostly rejections and just one interview (ECU). I have not yet heard from UNC. Most of the feedback I have recieved is that my undergraduate GPA is the culprit. (keep in mind I graduated back in 98) The adcoms have seen the improvement in my gpa for the last two years, however they were part time hours since I worked full time and was volunteering. My thought was to apply to post bac program this year and apply next year again.

So, my question is: Is it worth it to apply to the summer program , so I can apply again this year? If I do that I may be able to cut out a year of waiting with the application cycle. And then still go do a post bac this year or just work/volunteer for a year? Since the programs do not count towards my gpa in AMCAS, but the schools will see the grades in my evaluation is it worth it?

Thank you in advance for any feedback you may have to offer.
Marcia

About the Ads