Edinburgh.....Cost of Attendance 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

stenodactylus

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone made a Cost of Attendance estimate for US folks going to Edinburgh? I tried making one and I came up with about $230,000. Has anyone else had any luck? I am not sure if I'm leaving stuff out!
 
I came up with something similar: about $236K for four years. Here's my basic per-year breakdown:

tuition: $44,919 (assuming exchange of $1.61 per GBP)
rent: $5,796 (non-campus)
food: $3,864
utilities: $1,159
transport: $773
cell phone: $773
internet: $464

I worked from weekly estimates provided by a cost of living section of the UofE site. This doesn't include a budget for "fun stuff" or travel...
 
I came up with something similar: about $236K for four years. Here's my basic per-year breakdown:

tuition: $44,919 (assuming exchange of $1.61 per GBP)
rent: $5,796 (non-campus)
food: $3,864
utilities: $1,159
transport: $773
cell phone: $773
internet: $464

I worked from weekly estimates provided by a cost of living section of the UofE site. This doesn't include a budget for "fun stuff" or travel...

If you are going to have to make any flights out from home to Edinburgh keep that in mind as well... Those sure add up quickly. Also, you will need a bus pass over here... it isn't terribly expensive but it is something you will have to get unless you want to buy a car.