Edinburgh quesion

Started by OSJ
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

OSJ

Michigan State CVM 2012
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone that applied receive an email asking which program you were interested (the 4 or the 5 year?) If you did, would you be able to send me the email address that that was sent from? I need to follow up on something else but cannot find that email address in my in-box!


Thanks!🙂
 
I never received that email as I was automatically in the 4-year program, but did you try emailing Yvonne? She takes care of all the admissions emails from my experience, so I'm sure she could help you. Her address is [email protected]

She is very nice and quick with the replies!

Good luck too - I was enrolled but had to drop out literally as the last minute because of a visa issue. *adorns his angry pants*
 
Thanks! I think that was who sent me the email! I'm sorry your visa didn't work out! I know someone who applied last year and don't remember them asking which program they were interested in, so maybe it is a new thing? I already have 4 years of college so I am applying for the 4 year program.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hm...I applied to Edinburgh and haven't heard anything from them yet regarding the 4 or 5 year program...concerning. I just e-mailed the admissions address so hopefully they can confirm they got my application.

Someone said before that Edinburgh doesn't do interviews...does anyone know anything about this?
 
Hi there,

I believe I received the same message from Yvonne about the 4 or 5 year program preference. Here it is:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for your VMCAS application to study Veterinary Medicine at the
University of Edinburgh. I confirm that we have received your
application and it will be assessed by the Undergraduate Selection
Committee here at the School.

As you may be aware, we currently offer a 5 year BVM&S programme as well
as the accelerated 4 year Graduate Entry Programme (GEP) for those with
a relevant degree. Please let me know if you want to be considered for
the GEP only or if you would also be interested in studying the 5 year
programme.

I will contact you should we require any additional information and also
to let you know the outcome of your application, which we will endeavour
to have by mid-January 2007 at the very latest.

In the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any
questions.

Yours sincerely
Yvonne Donnelly

Her email is: [email protected]