Edinburgh v LSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ClockworkCat09

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was surprised to get pulled off the LSU waitlist yesterday and I'm panicking to an extent over whether to accept the slot (only have until Thurs to decide). LSU tuition is a lot more than Edinburgh's, but the travel costs would probably be a lot lower (since you also have to do a lot of traveling for EMS placements in the UK), so I'm not sure how much more total it would be (haven't had time to do a really thorough cost analysis yet). LSU has a lot of logistical advantages being in the US (travel, medicine access, would have a car + could bring lots more stuff with me like bedding, cookware, etc. I wouldn't have to buy again) and doesn't have the EMS commitment over breaks, but I don't know how good they are about daily work-life balance (seems to be an Edinburgh strength). Would love any insight into the two options, especially any opinions/info on LSU. (If you're there/went there, do/did you like it? What are the issues with/downsides of the school? Are lectures recorded? Are courses graded or pass/fail? How easy is it to get into feline-specific electives?) Any and all info would be very welcomed & appreciated!!

Members don't see this ad.