Edinburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flipflopper

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a supplemental application to accompany the VMCAS for Edinburgh...and is there a fee? I could not find information on this on their site. Any info on this would be great! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

There is no supplemental and no fee. You can mail them your official transcripts and GRE scores in the same envelope, but they don't have a test code so you can't have ETS report scores to them. Just fill out VMCAS and you should be set. You do need to get your transcripts to them and it took mine over a week to get there.

If you need anything else just ask, I have all my stuff into them and have called and asked a few questions.

As far as I am aware, they do not want/need GRE scores
Can anyone confirm this?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was under the same impression, so i didn't worry about getting my GRE scores over to them.

Anyone know when transcripts are due to Edinburgh?

i applied this Spring and they did not need my GRE scores.

They dont need your GRE scores but will take them if you send them. I'm not sure if it contributes to your application at all but they have a specific note in VMSAR about sending GRE scores. Not required, but go right ahead and send them. And if you do, send them preferably in the same bundle you send your official transcript.

I didn't send my GRE scores because I don't think it really matters, but if you did awesome on the GRE I would consider just getting a copy of your score report and mailing it with your transcript.

Do you all think it would be worth sending over a copy with the following?

780 Q (89)
700 V (97)
4.0 W (41)

I realize the writing is pretty meh/bad, but I have an extra copy sitting here in my room, so it wouldn't cost anything to send it over..

It couldn't hurt. If you have a copy I would just go ahead and do it. It could help you, but I doubt it will hurt you if they do or don't lake a peak at the GRE score.
Its up to you. I just didn't send mine because I was in a hurry and mailed my transcript a few weeks ago.

Whilst we do not
officially request GRE scores, if you were to send them, they would be
looked at and filed with your application. We do not require any
supplemental application but please forward us a copy of your up to date
transcript.

This is the note Yvonne D. sent me a few weeks ago. If it helps.

I know I sound dumb, but is Geraldine Gioannopoulos a man or woman? I don't really want to start off my email with the wrong title :scared:

I believe Geraldine is a woman. Or a very nice man who never corrected me for calling him Ms. Gianopoulos

I actually looked up G. G. on face book and got a picture of a woman from scotland. Could be a coincidence but I'm just assuming she is a woman.

I actually looked up G. G. on face book and got a picture of a woman from scotland. Could be a coincidence but I'm just assuming she is a woman.

We've got a stalker in our midst!

Okay so I just googled Geraldine Gioannopoulos and got three search results.
1 was her facebook (or someone by the same name) then another one which I can't remind at the moment..
and the third was this thread. If she ever searches her name this is going to come up

"I know I sound dumb, but is Geraldine Gioannopoulos a man or woman? I don't really want to start off my email with the wrong title "

Last edited:
Geraldine is a woman's name, and Geraldine is in fact a woman. :)

We've got a stalker in our midst!

Okay so I just googled Geraldine Gioannopoulos and got three search results.
1 was her facebook (or someone by the same name) then another one which I can't remind at the moment..
and the third was this thread. If she ever searches her name this is going to come up

"I know I sound dumb, but is Geraldine Gioannopoulos a man or woman? I don't really want to start off my email with the wrong title "

I am NOT a stalker!!!:eek: I simply wanted to look her up on facebook to see if the woman I have been following around and peeking in through the window at was really her!!!
:D

I am NOT a stalker!!!:eek: I simply wanted to look her up on facebook to see if the woman I have been following around and peeking in through the window at was really her!!!

Why didn't you just say so? Totally understandable.

LOL :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hey Flyhi,
I am really getting excited about Edinburgh and I have a question, how much does it cost for you to live there after tuition. Because tuition is the easy part!

I'm also curious about that. I lived in Edinburgh for a semester abroad, and it was pretty expensive. Then again, we went out to clubs and stuff ALL the time. Also, I lived in university housing, which i'm sure is not at all the same price as a flat.

Hey Flyhi,
I am really getting excited about Edinburgh and I have a question, how much does it cost for you to live there after tuition. Because tuition is the easy part!

I wish i could help you with this answer...however, i am not there yet :eek:

I got accepted to the 5 year program and deferred a year so that i could complete 2 classes and enter the GEP in 2010.

Hopefulvet 21 and tiempo are both there now, so you may want to PM them. They've both been great and very helpful.

Let me know what you find out, cause i'm interested too. :D