Edinburgh

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdnightinlondon

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone
I don't know if this is a personal question or not but to those who are going to Edinburgh, how are you planning on paying for it? I understand the US school policy about loans i.e. for most cases you can borrow up to the cost of attendance + tuition laid out by the school itself, but is this how Edinburgh works? This question is especially for those who will not have any family/S.O. financial support like me! As far as I can see, the tuition and cost of attendance are on par with many O.O.S. schools, is my assumption about that correct?
Also... for anybody already at the school, how early does one get the loans? Is it early enough to put a deposit down on a flat and not need any traveler's checks or would I need to use my own money for the first couple weeks?
Thank you so much, the deadline for the deposit is coming up and I don't know what to do!

Members don't see this ad.

You pay for it the same way that you pay for state-side schools. The caveat to that is that they're changing the way student loans are distributed so it's still kind of up in the air.

You pay for it the same way that you pay for state-side schools. The caveat to that is that they're changing the way student loans are distributed so it's still kind of up in the air.

Yeah, but they're changing the way that the schools in the states do loans as well so it is still all the same. They are all going to be direct loans through the US government.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Right but there were some mumblings about whether the government would be willing to fund overseas people. That may have all quieted down now, I don't know. Haven't been following it since the time I decided not to go to Edinburgh.

Where did you hear that "there were some mumblings about whether the government would be willing to fund overseas people"? I haven't heard anything about that and the RVC has been confident that they will be able to process my student loans in July or August. Am I missing something?

Like I said, it may have changed. It was brought up in one of the Edinburgh threads, I think the main one (where it's Edinburgh/Glasgow/RVC).

No worries about student loans at foreign schools. No mumblings. They are getting their training in May and our loans will then be processed.

No worries about student loans at foreign schools. No mumblings. They are getting their training in May and our loans will then be processed.
I thought it was May or June? Did they decide they can do it faster?? Did you get the e-mail yet about your passport information, DogTyred?

I thought it was May or June? Did they decide they can do it faster?? Did you get the e-mail yet about your passport information, DogTyred?

You're right, it's May or June. Sorry to get you excited. I did get my email requesting a copy of my passport. I'm going to email it to Victoria tomorrow.