scrawnyguy

7+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
Status
Physical Therapist
One of my references wrote me an awesome reference and was kind enough to offered to send it to me even though I waived access. Everything looked great BUT it looks like the reference was classified as "co-worker" instead of "supervisor/employer". I'm positive I selected supervisor on my end, but I've seen the reference form that the recommender accesses and they have their own drop down menu. I think my reference unknowingly selected the wrong choice. He specifically mentioned that he was my supervisor in the narrative portion of the form, but I'm worried that won't be enough. My top choice program (Army-Baylor) won't take recommendations from co-workers and if it is classified as such I'm not sure they will even look at it. Does anyone know if a reference can be changed by the recommender after it has already been submitted?

OP
S

scrawnyguy

7+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
Status
Physical Therapist
I contacted PTCAS but they were no help. I received a generic response that didn't come close to addressing the problem. I emailed the school as well so hopefully I will hear from them soon. Perhaps I'm getting all worked up over nothing.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2015
I contacted PTCAS but they were no help. I received a generic response that didn't come close to addressing the problem. I emailed the school as well so hopefully I will hear from the soon. Perhaps I'm getting all worked up over nothing.
Maybe try calling them! That's what I did recently and I got the answer I needed quickly

Reactions: scrawnyguy
OP
S

scrawnyguy

7+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
Status
Physical Therapist
Maybe try calling them! That's what I did recently and I got the answer I needed quickly
I think you're right. The school replied and told me they will probably still see the reference, but suggested I also try to contact PTCAS. PTCAS hasn't responded to my follow-up email so it looks like calling is the next step.

OP
S

scrawnyguy

7+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2012
Colorado Springs, CO
Status
Physical Therapist
I just got off the info with PTCAS. They told me there is nothing I can personally do but my reference can call and get it fixed. As well all know calling PTCAS often leads to 20 minutes on hold before you actually talk to someone. I hate to inconvenience my reference but I don't think I have a choice at this point.