Education interrupted or affected adversely??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ruprick

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Last year's AADSAS application contained the following question:

"Has your education ever been interrupted or affected adversely for reasons other than deficiencies in conduct or academic perfomance?"

Unfortunately that is not on this year's application, and my last semester in undergrad is very fogettable due to a very severe illness in my family.

I'm curious, how would you guys handle this one? I've considered putting something about it in my personal statement but don't want to make that a focal point, plus I've maxed out on characters. My GPA is still competitive, but that last semester may raise red flags for ADCOMS.

Your thoughts??

Members don't see this ad.

if your school writes a composite letter that accompanys the LORs, have them mention it. i think it would be bad to mention it in your essay. the point of the essay is to state why you want to become a dentist and not a place for excuses (even valid ones).

if your stats are competitive enough for an interview, you can mention it there. if your stats aren't competitive enough for an interview, then you have more problems than one semester.

i think that you'd be fine given that the rest of your grades and DAT are in good shape. i think that you'll get this issue would come up during your interviews.