Education Interruption Question?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daddytoothfairy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Should I put this on my application? Really messed with me for that semester, but I don't want to risk sounding like a whiner if it gives off that vibe. I'm all about them vibes:

After someone my father trusted with his small business betrayed him and almost left him with nothing, I had to help out at home with starting out a new company my father needed to open. It was a relatively urgent matter and I had prior experience dealing with the paperwork of the previous company, so I used the skills I had to help my father and brother in terms of paperwork. This took a decent amount of time out of my schedule, and I definitely had to make sacrifices with some of my exam grades that could easily have been higher than they actually were (failed out of Orgo 1 cause I couldn't commit the loads of time I needed to in the course).

Please let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

I would probably only mention this on secondaries when they ask if you would like to explain anything or if they ask during an interview.

There's no room on your main application to explain this besides maybe your personal statement. I wouldn't really recommend putting that in a personal statement since it sounds more like an excuse than anything to do with why you want to pursue dentistry. Use your personal statement to emphasize your strengths!

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks a lot my bros! Personally didn't think so either, but needed some peace of mind. App submitted. Now for the DAT in less than a month...

Reactions: 1 user