There are more GME positions than US grads. So no matter what, IMG's and FMG's are going to get spots.
It's possible that:
1. Those not needing a visa will get priority, as getting visas this year is a big problem.
2. Some countries are causing more problems than others, some countries might be favored next year.
3. Programs that take all IMG's might pull out of the match completely. This would result in more pre-match offers, which is either a good or bad thing for IMG's depending on how you look at it.
4. Much of this COVID problem may have resolved, or turned into a chronic issue, such that the visa situation is back to usual and neither #1 nor #2 will be true.
5. There will be a new problem, impossible to predict, that will make all of this wrong.
I am sorry that you found my post insulting. It certainly wasn't meant to be. I was simply pointing out that the total number of spots is greater than the total number of US grads, so that even if all US grads get a spot, there will still be spots for IMG's.
Reviewing your post history, it appear's you're a DO grad that didn't match. One of your posts mentions problems with the COMLEX exams. The question of whether all US grads should get spots first, followed by US citizen IMG's, followed by everyone else versus a "merit" based system based on performance is oft debated here on SDN. You can find threads on this topic to review and discuss if you like.
I do wish you the best of luck in finding a spot this year, or in the next match.
I just wanted his perspective on this question is all. You don't have to be rude about it bro.
I’m not quite sure why you gave a thumbs down vote to a helpful factual post and supported a different post that called the helpful post insulting. No one here has been rude.I just wanted his perspective on this question is all. You don't have to be rude about it bro.
You can't start a post with "Now now" and then complain about someone else being the rude oneI just wanted his perspective on this question is all. You don't have to be rude about it bro.