Effects of compressed brain tissue?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sharkman3874

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What could the effects of compressed brain tissue be like (i.e. for patients with a tumor or a cyst), especially around the prefrontal cortex?

sharkman3874
 
Seizures, executive dysfunction, social disinhibition, incontinence, personality change, etc.

Honestly, I'm pretty sure you could have Google'd that.

Personally, I've never liked the term "prefrontal". Seems kind of nonsensical. It's part of the frontal lobe, not in front of it or underneath it or anything. I know it was defined based on some "prefrontal bone" in embryogenesis or something, but it is still an annoying term.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The problem is differentiating what the lesion CAN cause, and what it DOES cause... As a neuro-oncologist, I see many patients with asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic huge frontal lobe lesions...