Ehr for small group practice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eaglepsych

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Using luminello now, but want something where multiple psychiatrists can cover for each other, see each other’s patients, etc. without needing to recreate a new patient chart for each different psychiatrist appt. Any suggestions? Thinking for 2-4 psychiatrist group.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Could hang in there with Luminello. They did make the adjustments recently for multiple office locations, and also the default sets to the patient chart for which office they are attached to and the multiple Tax ID options for different office locations. The break down on assistant site also shows what looks like future expansion to multiple providers.

I think they are finally on the cusp in the next 2-5 months releasing a true multi doc, multi location capable EMR.

You could also message them and say hey, I will likely be dropping luminello unless you can give me a tentative timeline of multi doc operability? And depending on that answer shape your decision?

Members don't see this ad :)
Could hang in there with Luminello. They did make the adjustments recently for multiple office locations, and also the default sets to the patient chart for which office they are attached to and the multiple Tax ID options for different office locations. The break down on assistant site also shows what looks like future expansion to multiple providers.

I think they are finally on the cusp in the next 2-5 months releasing a true multi doc, multi location capable EMR.

You could also message them and say hey, I will likely be dropping luminello unless you can give me a tentative timeline of multi doc operability? And depending on that answer shape your decision?
I’m not saying that they won’t drop the multi-option next week (who knows), but I recall a message from them saying they are actively working on a multi-physician version about 2 years ago. They also mentioned lab integration coming soon which ended up being over a year late according to friends. While functional for solo practices, they don’t make changes quickly in my experience.

Quite true.

The risk though is dropping a very user friendly EMR and one that is priced well, for one that does have those extra features and is a bit more clunky and less user friendly. Secondly, the billing clearing house with Charm is Optum, and the last thing United Healthcare and their related subsidiaries need is more healthcare market share.

Charm is good, and for all non-psych people is the best option on the market - especially over Athena Health.

The slower development and roll out with Luminello is a pain, agreed.