Einstein Philly

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

emidesu

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am an off-cycle OMS-IV applying next year. I want to stay in the Philadelphia area and just found out about the Einstein program. I am really excited about it since I am very interested in psychodynamics and since the dual accreditation would make life simpler.
The website states that the USMLE series are required to apply. I am wondering whether they accept the COMLEX as a substitute or am I required to catch up on the USMLE as well? Also, what do you think about the program in general?:xf:

Members don't see this ad.

I am an off-cycle OMS-IV applying next year. I want to stay in the Philadelphia area and just found out about the Einstein program. I am really excited about it since I am very interested in psychodynamics and since the dual accreditation would make life simpler.
The website states that the USMLE series are required to apply. I am wondering whether they accept the COMLEX as a substitute or am I required to catch up on the USMLE as well? Also, what do you think about the program in general?:xf:

It was my experience that for the vast majority of programs (indeed, all 15 that I applied to), they accepted the COMLEX in lieu of the USMLE. Even if their website said USMLE, they accepted the COMLEX. I know nothing about Einstein though, so you should call up the program and ask. I'm in PA as well...be aware that in PA the rules are a tiny bit different for licensing DOs, so we have to do a month of ED in lieu of Neuro, at my program, for example. Otherwise our curriculum is identical. And as far as what others think of the program, who cares. Go where you're happy and where you can see yourself for 4 years. "Reputation" really means very little in Psychiatry--much more important to be happy. Good luck!