EIS 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
same here, congrats! Good luck to everyone else still waiting as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Keep hope alive - the calls are still being made. I was also on the waitlist and accepted into the class. Good luck to all.

Now that the my initial rejection disappointment is wearing off... anyone want to talk re-applying? Anyone accepted on the blog that applied more than once?
FYI I was waitlisted last year and accepted this year. I've heard it helps your application to reapply.

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI I was waitlisted last year and accepted this year. I've heard it helps your application to reapply.
I'm still hoping that I'll be accepted off the wait-list this year. But just in case I'm not, I wanted to gauge the types of improvements they are looking for when you re-apply. Did you still use the same references and just add new ones if applicable? Do they want to see that you have done something significant in the past year since applying last?

Keep hope alive - the calls are still being made. I was also on the waitlist and accepted into the class. Good luck to all.
MedEpi, sbcampbell, and Travel05, were you guys selected into the overall class or offered pre-match selections?
Also, I'm curious if anyone knows if the waitlistees were called in bulk after the initial acceptees finalized their offers and pre-match selections. I know that offers can come at any time until March, but I'm curious if the majority (i.e. ~15 slots that we are anticipating to total approximately 80) came this week, or if we can be hopeful for some good news possibly next week too?

Last edited:
I'm still hoping that I'll be accepted off the wait-list this year. But just in case I'm not, I wanted to gauge the types of improvements they are looking for when you re-apply. Did you still use the same references and just add new ones if applicable? Do they want to see that you have done something significant in the past year since applying last?
I added all new references except one of my previous references wrote an updated letter since I had completed my dissertation under him. I never got a clear answer as to whether the previous year's letters would also be reviewed again. I submitted a very similar personal statement but just added the work I've done in the past year. And I also continued keeping in touch with EIS personnel from potential placement sites I was interested in.

MedEpi, sbcampbell, and Travel05, were you guys selected into the overall class or offered pre-match selections?
Also, I'm curious if anyone knows if the waitlistees were called in bulk after the initial acceptees finalized their offers and pre-match selections. I know that offers can come at any time until March, but I'm curious if the majority (i.e. ~15 slots that we are anticipating to total approximately 80) came this week, or if we can be hopeful for some good news possibly next week too?
Overall class for me. Given the option to pre match.

Hey guys, curious about the match to specific departments and how that works after acceptance into EIS. Most of you appear to have found out about your acceptance around December-January time although I suspect this continues with the waitlist up until the EIS conference. Could some explain pre-match and the actual match? What is the timeline and the process for that? When do you find out? From what I'm gathering you have the option to choose departments to interview with when you come for your interview, but what happens next? Thanks for the info! I appreciate it!

Hi all,

Has anyone still on the wait list heard anything? Curious as to how the hiring freeze will impact the program... I read that USPHS was exempt?

Last edited:
Hi all,

Has anyone still on the wait list heard anything? Curious as to how the hiring freeze will impact the program... I read that USPHS was exempt?

I haven't looked into how the hiring freeze will impact the program, but I am on the wait list and received an email yesterday stating that the selection committee has filled the EIS Class of 2017, including pre-match positions. It says I can choose to be taken off the wait list, or remain on the wait list for the rare event of a spot opening up before the April EIS conference.

I haven't looked into how the hiring freeze will impact the program, but I am on the wait list and received an email yesterday stating that the selection committee has filled the EIS Class of 2017, including pre-match positions. It says I can choose to be taken off the wait list, or remain on the wait list for the rare event of a spot opening up before the April EIS conference.

Also received that email -- fingers crossed. Will plan on reapplying next year in the absence of a miracle this year -- good luck to you as well!