EK MCAT Chemistry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

luv8724

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried problems in the each section of this book?

They seem to be pretty hard... I dont know if they are as hard as the

DAT..

Members don't see this ad.

I heard it is good to go for conceptual study....so I am thinking about EK MCAT Bio and GC.

How many questions on each section? Does it focus on material explanation? Do you think it is good to do practice questions?

Thx in advance....

Members don't see this ad :)
hey,
so i've done a bunch of gen chem exam krackers problems and theyre pretty useful i think, i mean i wouldn't know because i have yet to take the actual DAT but i think they were better than kaplans. Kaplan seems to have lenghty problems that i think on the real DAT would be too time consuming. With EK i think theyre more direct? thats just my take. I only studied EK because i had the books at my house already since one of my siblings used them for med school but if you dont have the books, i wouldn't necessarily purchase it.
I also find DAT destroyer and EK to be very very similar in question type.
Both are fairly difficult and really test your knowledge of the material

I heard it is good to go for conceptual study....so I am thinking about EK MCAT Bio and GC.

How many questions on each section? Does it focus on material explanation? Do you think it is good to do practice questions?

Thx in advance....

They are for sure good in concepts... detailed and simple.. but in some of the stuff they tend to relate it to physics.... the Qs in the back are kinda hard but fun to do..
Ex) What is approximate molarity of a NaCl solution with a specific gravity of 1.006?
a) 0.005M
b) 0.006M
c) 0.1M
d) 0.2M

I got AP Chem from the Princeton Review + Chad + Destroyer...
I'm not planning on to read Kaplan... so.. I would recommend EK...