EK Verbal 101 too old?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CommSNTS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a quick question about whether the EK 101 Verbal book is still useful for the CBT as it was copyrighted in 2002. Is it still worth picking up? I haven't seen a new edition for it yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
why would it be safer to use the old one? that doesn't really make sense.

anyways, a new one is coming out sometime next month, so if you have time to wait, that might be a good thing. however, unless there are new passages, i dont think it really matters since most people just seem to do a couple of passages at a time, rather than a whole test.

I ordered the verbal book on amazon a few weeks back but they are still on backorder and I heard its because there's a new edition coming out.

In the EK store, they only have the new book which a "coming soon" caption.

The new book is reformatted for the new CBT exam but I'm not sure if they are reusing the same passages or not. Anyway the new one's not out yet so if your exam date is close, just get the old one. I've been using kaplan's verbal with the traditional 60 questions/9 passages for pratice anyway

Sounds good, but it seems like it's hard to find a copy of that EK 101 Verbal. Guess I'll keep on looking. I appreciate the responses though.