EK Verbal Reasoning

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ultimeaciax

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I simply don't understand the explanation for question 34, exam 2, passage 2. Can someone elaborate on the answer for me? I just don't understand why choice III is not also an answer.

Members don't see this ad.

Okay, in the passage, the author explains the different camera angles that can be used for certain emphasize. Question #34 suggests a scene where you have a mother scolding her small daughter (mother = figure of authority since she's scolding her kid, thus looking down at her), the daughter (daughter = inferior figure as she is being scolded, thus looking up at the mother), and the father who is secretly listening (father = secretive figure, imagine someone who's listening over some else's shoulder, thus "over the shoulder). Considering that order specifically, you would have a 'low-angle' [mother looking down], a 'high-angle' [daugher looking up], and 'over the shoulder' [father secretly listening].

I hope that helps! Good luck on your MCAT!

EDIT: Rereading your post, you state you don't understand #34 on Test 2 in the EK Verbal Reasoning... I hope you mean the EK's 101 Verbal passages. If not, please excuse my completely unrelated explanation...

Last edited: