Elective in October

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

craigkes

gas is good
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question for you all. Do you feel it is to late to do an out-rotation at a hospital your interested in as late as October? I realize that it is wise obviously to schedule your rotation before they begin conducting interviews and that part depends on the hospital I am doing the rotation at but in general would this be to late? I am wondering because one hospital I would like to go to only has available rotations in October and it's the only thing that fits my schedule. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

nope. october is not at all too late. i even did one in november...but I wouldn't recommend november as you probably shouldn't leave an away to interview at other programs and thus all my interviews had to be crammed in dec/jan....

too late for a rotation where you can impress them and improve your interview/matching chances? no.

too late to get a letter from someone at that program for ERAS? yes.

I also did a rotation in October/November and it wasn't a problem at all. I completely agree with the above.