Africa and Middle East Elective in UAE

Started by Claire6
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Claire6

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I was hoping medical students in the UAE might be able to offer me some advice?
Im an Australian medical student and Im hoping to do my overseas elective at the end of the year in UAE: Dubai or Sharjah.... doing obstetrics and gynae. I think a public hospital would be best?
Could anyone give me any advice as to where to contact to try and organise this? Which hospitals should I try, or should I try the Dubai medical school for girls?
I havent heard of anyone else doing their elective there, so I wonder if this is because they dont take students??

Thankyou!!!