Aug 27, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Hi all,

I'm a medical student from The Netherlands and I'm hoping to do a 10-week elective in Shanghai in june-aug 2016. I know Shanghai East Hospital has a foreign medical student elective program. Is there anyone who's already done this program? Please share your experiences!

Aug 28, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Hi,
Im a medical student in china but not in shanghai specifically, Im sure a lot of the processes are quite similar to what Im going through however Im only starting my fifth year in September and started doing my observership last semester. If there are any questions you would like to ask i would be happy to help :)

OP
X
Aug 27, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Hi,
Im a medical student in china but not in shanghai specifically, Im sure a lot of the processes are quite similar to what Im going through however Im only starting my fifth year in September and started doing my observership last semester. If there are any questions you would like to ask i would be happy to help :)
Thank you :)
I can choose one of the following departments: Internal Medicine, Surgery and Anesthesia. I heard most of the students choose surgery, but I'm not really the OR kind of person and I don't like orthopedics either. Do you have any advice?
I'd also like to know if medical students in China are allowed to do stuff (like IV insertion) or are they only allowed to watch "real" doctors doing those things?

Medstart108

7+ Year Member
Mar 24, 2012
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I would also be interested in doing an elective in China. Ideally, I would be able to do it in Beijing. I'm studying medicine in Canada.